Paul commenced practice at the Queensland bar in 2012 and has a broad commercial practice. He was admitted as a solicitor in Queensland in 1997 and as a solicitor in England in 2001.
Before coming to the bar, Paul worked as a solicitor in practice and as an in-house solicitor working in Australia, London and Hong Kong. He has advised on disputes in the Australian, US, English and Hong Kong courts and on financial services and regulatory matters across Asia/Pacific.
He has published several articles covering insolvency and banking practice.
Paul has appeared in the following notable proceedings:
- Clements v Holman McGregor  QSC 258, reported at  49 QLR
- Guirguis Pty Ltd & Anor v Michel’s Patisserie System Pty Ltd & Ors  QCA 83, reported at  20 QLR
- CFI Rentals Pty Ltd v Roussos  QCA 308, reported at  1 QLR
- National Australia Bank v Murphy  QSC 106, reported at  22 QLR
- Irwin Homes Pty Ltd v Invest Now Australia  QSC 114, reported at  23 QLR
- Colefax & Ors v National Australia Bank Ltd  QCA 244 reported at  40 QLR
- Rimfire Constructions (Qld) Pty Ltd (in liq) v CRCG Rimfire Pty Ltd  QSC 92 for Queensland Law Reporter, see  19 QLR
- Nathan v Williams and others  QCA 138 for Queensland Law Reporter, see  27 QLR
Paul is available to appear in all Australian courts.